Tabouli (Lebanese Salad)
Lemony, refreshing and oh so healthy!
- 2 bunch
- parsley (flat leaf not curly)
- 1 bunch
- fresh mint (approx. 1 cup worth)
- large tomatoes
- 1-2 bunch
- 1 pkg
- frozen sweet pes
- 1 c
- medium bulgur/wheat germ (not jarred wheat germ)
- lemon juice concentrate
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
1• Thaw peas.
• In a bowl, cover bulgur in very warm water and let soak until soft.
• Pluck all of the leaves of both parsley and mint (no stems). Chop very small
• Chop scallions and tomatoes also very small.
2• In a large bowl, add mint, parsley, scallions, peas & tomatoes.
• Squeeze handfuls of bulgur and drain water well. Add to bowl and mix. The mix should be more of the green to white, but 1 cup should be enough.
• Add oil to coat but not soak.
• Add lemon, salt & pepper as you go and keep tasting it until you get the lemony taste you desire.
• It’s all individual and you can always add more.
• Serve with lettuce leaves or pita bread.
o (It’s polite to use either of these instead of a fork or spoon and so much more tasty)
About this Recipe
Course/Dish: Other Salads