Susie's Slaw! Not the Normal Kind!
I have no idea who Susie is, but bless her for sharing the recipe or this awesome slaw/salad. The Best part is, that you can make it ahead, but combine at serving time.
- 1 head iceberg lattuce, chopped
- 1/2 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1/2 bunch broccoli, chopped. peel the stems and chop them too.
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced thin
- ! cup crisp cooked bacon (6-8 slices aprox.)
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup parmesan (green can is o.k. :-) )
1Place salad ingredients in a large bowl, or into a large zip top bag and refrigerate until serving time.
2Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate until serving time.
Right before serving combine both and toss well. Enjoy.
NOTE: I love Marzetti Slaw Dressing and it now also comes in a LITE Version which is very good.
I have made this salad with it using 1 cup plus the sugar and Parm. Can't decide which version we like better!