Raw Corn and Tomato Salad
Great for summer picnics when the corn is sweet and delicious.
★★★★★ 1 vote
No-Cook or Other
- 3 ears fresh corn, remove husks and silk
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 - 4oz log goat cheese, crumbled
- mixed spring greens ( if desired)
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, roughly chopped
1Cook 4 strips bacon until well done. Crumble bacon and set aside.
2Prepare corn by removing husks and silk. Rinse corn. Cut corn from the cob and place in serving dish.
3Rinse cherry tomatoes, cut them in half and add to the corn in the serving dish.
4Chop the small red onion and add to the corn and tomatoes.
5In a small bowl, prepare dressing by combining the walnut oil, red wine vinegar and thyme.
6Add the dressing to the corn, tomato and onion mixture.
7Crumble goat cheese and gently toss into the corn, tomato and onion mixture. Top the salad with the crumbled bacon.
8Note: To stretch this recipe, I have added spring greens to the serving bowl. Prepare as above just add the greens before you toss the salad. Always a crowd pleaser.