QUINOA, ZUCCHINI AND TOASTED WALNUT PILAF
The recipe and photo belong to the web site Do It Delicious With
Enjoy making this one, it is delicious!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 -1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 tsp fresh thyme(1 sprig)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1In a medium saucepan, combine the quinoa and water and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until the water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender and fluffy, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes more.
2Meanwhile, chop the walnuts, slice the garlic, grate the zucchini, and pull the thyme leaves from its sprig.
3Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the walnuts and cook, stirring, until toasted and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until golden brown, about 1 minute. Stir in the zucchini, thyme, salt and pepper (12 turns on pepper mill) and cook, stirring, until just tender and wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the quinoa until well combined.
1. Watch the walnuts, as they are toasting, they can burn easy.
2. When your dish is done, check the flavor, sometimes we can under salt foods, you may want to add more salt for flavor.
5high in protein