Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 6 medium tomatoes cut into 1/2 inch thick cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices day old bread, 1/2 inch thick, wheat, sourdough, italian
1IN large bowl, mix tomatoes, onion, basil, oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and set aside at room temperature for at least 1 hour but no more than 2.
2Grill broil or toast the bread. Cut into 12 inch cubes and add to tomato mixture. Toss gently til well mixed.
3. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving so that the bread will absorb the juice. Taste. Add more oil, salt or pepper if needed.