Pam's World's Easiest Shrimp Salad
- 3 to 4 c
- celery stalks, chopped fairly fine
- 1 small
- shallot, or 3 tbsp sweet onion or 4 -5 small green onions
- 2/3 c
- mayonnaise (not miracle whip please)
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb
- shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 c
- pecans, in pieces, toasted if desired
I USE "COCKTAIL" SHRIMP THAT ARE ABOUT 20-35 TO THE POUND. IF YOU WISH, YOU CAN USE SMALLER SHRIMP AND LEAVE THEM WHOLE OR CUT IN HALF.
Make sure there are no shell or tail remnants in the shrimp and chop each cocktail shrimp into about 3 pieces. Set aside
Coarsely chop the pecans and reserve in a small bowl until serving.