Israeli Chopped Salad
This Mr. Food recipe was prepared by Mary Ellen Taylor at our May, 2013, meeting. Try and make this recipe at day in advance so that the flavors have more time to "marry".
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 medium
- sized cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and diced (2 cups)
- 2 medium
- sized green bell peppers, cored and diced (1 1/2 cups)
- 3 medium
- sized tomatoes, seeded and diced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 c
- chopped onion
- 2 1/4 oz
- can sliced black olives, drained (1/2 cup)
- 15 - 19 oz
- can garbanzo beans (chick peas), rinsed and drained
- 1/3 c
- olive oil
- 3 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp
- white pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 4 tsp
- white vinegar
1In a large bowl, combine the cucumbers, greenpeppers, tomatoes, onion, olives and garbanzo beans.
2In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients to make dressing; mix well.
3Pour dressing over the vegetables and stir to coat.
4Cover and chill for 2 to 3 hours or overnight, allowing the mixture to mainae before serving.
About this Recipe
Course/Dish: Other Salads