grace's broccolli/califlower summer salad
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 med size frozen broccolli thawed. 1 med bag of frozen calaflower thawed.
- 1 large bag shredded sharp chedder. 3 good sized stalks celery diced[not in electric chooper nor food processor]
- 1 small-med ionion diced. 1 jar sweet pimentoes drained.
- 1 smal-med bottle of ranch dressing [depends on if u double recipe or not]
- may use a dollop or 3 of sour cream [in dressing if u so desire, a smoother taste if u do]
- 1 buch green onion chopped
1when veggies r totally thawed., cut the tops of broccolli do the same with califlower. place in very large bowl. add diced onion, green onion and chopped green onion, celery and pimentoes and mix well.
2mix rite now in seperate bowl almost all of a small bottle of ranch dressing. and 3 good size dallops sour cream. blend well. if u double this recipe u will need more like the med size bottle dressing. rule of thumb here DO NOT USE GENERIC DRESSING AS IT DON'T HAVE EVERYTHING THE BRAND NAME DRESSING DOES.
3before u add dressing add shredded cheese liberally. and place lid on bowl and chill place lid on dressing mixture and place in fridge to chill.
4about 20-30 mins before serving add dressing to salad and blend well. add to taste. u don't want dressing all at the bottom of salad. using the sour cream should help keep it from seepping to the bottom of bowl.