Ethiopian QUEEN OF SHEBA SALAD
My friend Jean serves this salad when she prepares an Ethiopian dinner, as she feels that a salad is lacking in the Ethiopian presentation. It's pretty hot too, so be careful with the hot-pepper sauce and hot chilies.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 1/2 lb
- firm tomatoes, cut into tiny wedges with seeds removed
- 1/2 c
- vidalia onions, finely chopped
- hot chili pepper, finely chopped
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 c
- 1/4 c
- apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 c
- sweet wine, muscatel or maderia
- 1 tsp
- worcestershire sauce
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- few dash(es)
- tobasco sauce
1In a 1-quart bowl: Combine tomatoes, cut in tiny wedges with seeds removed, onions, finely chopped clove garlic, finely chopped chili pepper, finely chopped.
Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl, mixing well.
3Pour sauce over vegetables and marinate. Serve in sauce dishes without lettuce.