Dog-Days Watermelon Salad
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4 c
- watermelon, cubed (seedless is easiest)
- large cucumber, seeded and diced
- red onion, minced
- 1/4 c
- crumbled feta cheese
- pitted kalamata olives, quartered (optional)
- 1 tsp
- lemon juice
- 2 tsp
- lime juice
- zest of one lemon and one lime (optional)
- 1/2 c
- chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 c
- fat-free greek or regular yogurt
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper
FOR THE DRESSING:
1Mix dressing ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate.
2Toss all other ingredients together. Keep chilled till ready to serve, then gently fold in dressing.
3I love how the tangy savory flavor plays off the sweetness of the melon. Feel free to substitute olives with raisins or fresh blueberries--whatever will make your family eat salad! Enjoy!