crunchy cucumber salad
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- englishor other unwaxed cucumbers,chopped into 1/4inch dice about3cups
- 1 medium
- green serrano chile pepper,finely chopped(remove seeds if desired)
- 1/2 c
- raw peanuts(toasted,unsalted ones will also work)
- 2-3 Tbsp
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- ground cayenne or red pepper
- 1 Tbsp
- canola oil
- 1/4 tsp
- mustard seeds
1place cucumbers and pepper in medium bowl.Using coffee grinder or food processor,chop peanuts until reduced to a coarse powder(not too fine,but no big chunks).Add to cucumbers along with lemon juice(to taste),salt,and sugar(to taste)and mix well.
2Sprinkle cayenne in small pile on top of salad.Do not stir in yet.Heat oil in small skillet over high heat.When it begins to smoke,add mustard seeds and cover with a lid or a splatter screen.As soon as the seeds stop sputtering,remove from the heat and carefully pour oil over cayenne.Stir in dressing.
3Note:pouring the hot oil over the cayenne prevents scorching.Be cautious when doing this.
4nutritional info per serving: 152 calories;5 grams protein;7 grams carbohydrates:12.5 grams fat;1.5 grams saturated fat;0mg. cholestrol;2grams fiber;150mg.sodium