FROSTED CRANBERRY SALAD
It's almost Thanksgiving again, I love congealed salads so I thought I would post one of my recipes.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 can(s)
- (8.5) oz can of crushed pineapple
- 2 box
- (3 oz) raspberry flavored jello
- 1 pkg
- (8oz) cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp
- salad dressing
- 1 can(s)
- 16 ounce of whole cranberry sauce
- 1 c
- heavy cream, whipped, not cool whip
- 1/2 c
- coarslely chopped walnuts
- 1 medium
- golden delicious ( peeled and chopped fine) apple
1Drain pineapple and cranberry sauce ,SAVE THE LIQUID, and add enough water to make 2 cups. Pour into small saucepan and bring to a boil
2Pour the jello into a medium bowl then pour the boiling liquid over the jello, stirring to combine. Chill until partially set.
3Beat together room temperature cream cheese and salad dressing in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in partically set jello into cream cheese mixture. Gently fold whipped cream into jello mixture. Fold in pineapple and whole cranberry sauce, breaking the cranberry sauce apart. Fold apples and walnuts into mixture.
4Pour mixture into a 13x9x2 glass container. CHILL SEVERAL HOURS BEFORE SERVING.
About this Recipe
Course/Dish: Gelatin Salads