White Bean Salad with Asparagus
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 5 stalk(s)
- fresh asparagus, tough ends removed
- 1 can(s)
- (15 oz.) white beans, rinsed and drained
- orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 c
- red onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp
- dijon mustard
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 c
- leafy salad greens, loosely packed
1Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces and place in vegetable steamer. Place steamer into a large saucepan and lightly steam for 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
2In large bowl, combine the beans, orange pepper, and red onion. Gently toss in the asparagus.
3In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper. Gently pour onto vegetable mixture. Taste and adjust seasonings. Line a salad bowl with leafy greens and add mixture.