Pasta With Sausage, Leeks, & Lettuce
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3/4 - 1 lb
- sweet italian sausages, casings removed (can use ground sauasge)
- 2 bunch
- leeks, about 3 pounds total), white and light-green parts only, halved lengthwise, cut into ¼" slices, rinsed well, and drained
- 1/2 - 3/4 c
- dry white wine, such as pinot grigio
- 2 Tbsp
- unsalted butter
- coarse salt & ground pepper (to taste)
- 3/4 lb
- short pasta, such as lumache or medium shells
- 4 c
- bibb or boston lettuce, torn into pieces
- grated parmesan cheese, for serving
1In a large skillet, cook sausages over medium-high, breaking up meat with a spoon, until browned, 5 minutes.
Transfer 4 cups leeks to an airtight container and refrigerate for later use.
Add remaining leeks (4 cups) to sausage in skillet and cook until softened, 5 minutes.
Add wine and cook, stirring frequently, until
mostly evaporated, 2 minutes. Stir in butter and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. Drain pasta, return to pot, along with sausage mixture, and toss to combine. Add lettuce and enough pasta water to create a light sauce that coats pasta. Toss to combine. Serve with Parmesan on the side.