Italian Bread Salad
Recipe Source~ Country Italian Cooking
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- loaf (about 12 ounces) sourdough, rosemary -olive oil or roasted garlic
- 1 c
- sliced red onion
- 1 tsp
- minced garlic
- 1/2 c
- prepared balsamic & olive oil vinaigrette
- 1 1/2 c
- grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1/3 c
- pitted black olives & green olives
- 1 pkg
- european salad mix or pre-washed baby spinach
- grated parmesan cheese
- ground black pepper to taste
1Preheat oven to 250*F. Tear bread into large cubes, about eh size of marshmallows. Place on baking sheet. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly dry but not browned. Set aside to cool.
2Place onion slices and garlic in large salad bowl. Add vinaigrette and stir to coat. Set aside a few minutes to allow flavors to blend.
3Add tomatoes and olives; stir gently to coat with dressing. Add greens, bread cubes and Parmesan; toss gently. Add more vinaigrette if needed and season with black pepper.
8 points per serving