Irish Dubliner Salad
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- head butter lettuce, rinsed and spun dried
- 8 oz
- pickled red beets, grated or raw grated beets
- 5-6 oz
- irish dubliner cheese, grated
- 3/4 c
- english cucumber, thinly sliced
- carrot, thinly sliced or grated
- 1 c
- red cabbage, shredded
- fresh herb: tarragon, parsley, thyme, minced (you choose)
- 1/3 c
- salad oil (grapeseed, sunflower, safflower, etc.)
- 2 tsp
- irish mustard (stout, whiskey, etc. or substitute with stoneground mustard)
- 3 Tbsp
- white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste ( i used white pepper this time)
1Whisk the vinaigrette together in a glass prep bowl. Set aside for 1 hour. Taste test first.
2Coarsely chop the butter lettuce and place in a large shallow bowl or on a platter.
3Arrange the beets, Dubliner cheese, cucumbers, carrots, cucumber slices and herb around the lettuce.
4Lightly drizzle with the vinaigrette.