Horiatiki (Greek Country Salad)
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- heads romaine lettuce
- roma tomatoes
- english cucumber, scored
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tsp
- fresh greek oregano, chopped
- 1/4 c
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 Tbsp
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 oz
- feta cheese, plain or some you have marinating in you frig
- ripe olives, plain or some you have marinating in your frig
1Wash and spin lettuce dry. Roll up lettuce leaves and slice across to make shred. Arrange on a serving dish.
2Cut tomatoes into quarters and arrange on lettuce. Slice cucumber and then arrange on lettuce.
3Chop green onion and sprinkle them over the salad along with the mint and oregano.
4In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour over salad.
5Cut feta cheese and arrange on salad with olives. Serve immediately.