Holiday winter salad w/ apples & white cheddar
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3 Tbsp
- cider vinegar
- 6 Tbsp
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- head radicchio lettuce, cut lengthwise into strips
- heads belgian endive, cut lengthwise into strips
- head frisee lettuce, stems removed, torn into small pieces
- granny smith apple, quartered, cored, thinly sliced
- mcintosh apple, quartered, cored, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c
- walnut halves, toasted
- wedge of sharp cheddar cheese
1In bowl, whisk together vinegar and oil. Season w/ salt and pepper.
2Combine lettuces in a lg bowl. Add apples and walnuts, drizzle w/ dressing. Toss.
3Using a vegetable peeler, shave curls of cheese over top of salad.