PINK FRUIT SALAD
This salad is perfect for Easter or for any summer get together. It is the prettiest pink. The marshmallows shouldn't be left out because they add the perfect taste and color. I've had this recipe for several years and I may have found it in a magazine, possibly Taste of Home.
- 1 jar maraschino cherries
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 small can pineapple tidbits, drained (or larger can if you want more)
- 1 regular size can fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 can sliced peaches, drained and diced
- 6 medium bananas, firm, sliced
- 3 cups pastel minature marshmallows
1Drain the cherries, reserving 1/3 cup juice. Cut the cherries in half and set aside. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and reserved cherry juice until smooth. Fold the whipped cream into this mixture. Fold in all of the fruit and marshmallows. Refrigerate until serving time and place into serving bowl (this can be done before refrigerating).