Mom's Mistake Fruit Salad
Peggi Anne Tebben
You have to try it before you judge it. You will be addicted to it, as I am!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- oranges, peeled with a knife (no white pith on them) & cut up
- 1 can(s)
- fruit coctail ,drained or canned peaches or pears will work, just whatever you have handy.
- 1 1/2 c
- red or green seedless grapes ( i use red for color)
- 1 1/2 c
- fresh (if possible) or canned (drained) pineapple chunks, cut up
- apples cored & cut up (leave skin on)
- 4 large
- bananas, sliced up ( you can never get too much bananas in it)
- 2/3 c
- chopped pecans
- 1 c
- real mayonnaise or miracle whip salad dressing
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- prepared mustard
- 2 - 3 dash(es)
- worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp
1Cut up fruits into large bowl, in order given, so they don't brown on you.
2In another smaller bowl, mix the dressing ingredients. Pour on fruits & toss to mix. May need more or less dressing. I never measure things. Put alot of dressing on it though. Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.
3Right before serving, add the chopped pecans. You can either mix in or just garnish the top with them or both. If you put them in too early, they soften up & if you have any leftovers for the next day, they won't be crunchy.
4Note: I usually serve this with the meal. That's when I eat it. You could also just serve it as a dessert though.