MAGICAL SUMMER FRESH FRUIT SALAD
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- athena cantalope, peeled, seeded, and cut into one inch chunks
- 2 c
- red meated watermelon, seeded and cut into medium chunks
- 2 c
- fresh red seedless grapes
- 1 c
- fresh green seedless grapes
- 2-3 c
- fresh blueberries
- fresh and sweet peaches, peeled, seeded, and sliced
- 1 large
- can, mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 c
- fresh and sweet, sliced strawberries
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 c
- slivered almonds, toasted and set aside
- 10 oz
- package of frozen, sweetened, sliced, strawberries, thawed and set aside
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh mint leaves, chopped
- drizzle of honey
1Juice Lemon and set juice aside.
In seprate small bowls:
Set toasted almonds aside
Set drained oranges aside
Set chopped Mint aside
2Open package of thawed, sweetened, strawbewrries, pour into a medium bowl and set aside.
3Wash berries and grapes, drain well, dry on paper towel, Slice strawberries. Put all these together in a medium bowl, set aside.
Peel, seed, and cut melons, and peaches as directed. Add to the berry mixture.
4In a large bowl, combine melon pieces, peaches, grapes, strawberries you sliced, (not the former frozen ones !!, blueberries,and oranges in a large bowl. Pour lemon juice over fruit and gently flip fruit to cover with juice.
5Pour the 10 oz thawed strawberries over fruit in bowl, toss to coat. This will give the fruit just enough of added sweetness.
Gently empty fruit mixture into a large pedestal glass serving bowl.
6Sprinkle top of fruit with toasted almonds. Scatter chopped mint leaves over almonds.
Gently drizzle a small stream of good quality honey back and forth across top criss crossing, leaving about a 3 inch space between drizzles. COVER WITH PLASTIC WRAP AND CHILL 2 HOURS BEFORE SERVING, giving fruit flavors time to mix.
7May serve with a spoonfull of CoolWhip if desired.
*** This is a very attractive dish in large bowl and when served. You can add other fresh fruit to suit your taste. These are my favorites.