Grandma's Banana - Pineapple Coleslaw
This is an unusual and very tasty salad! When my dear grandmother made this for our big family... there was never any leftovers!
It is a pretty colorful salad that you can be proud to serve... and you can expect many compliments and people asking for the recipe!
*** If you are making this for a small family, just cut the recipe down...
- 7 - 9 c
- cabbage (shredded or chopped fine)
- 1 can(s)
- pineapple (crushed, including juice)
- 1 small
- can mandarin oranges (chopped with juice)
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 3/4 c
- 2/3 c
- brown sugar
- 1/2 c
- frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 small
- cool whip
- bananas (chopped and tossed with pineapple and oranges)
- each: red and green bell pepers (diced)
Put in a nice serving container. Cover. Refrigerate at least 20 minutes. Just before serving: stir and toss salad to give it a fresh mixed look. Serve family style or in little dishes.
*** You can garnish with maraschino cherries and Mandarin oranges if desired.