CHEERY BING CHERRY SALAD
I could'd stop dipping into it.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- small package black cherry gelatin
- flat can crushed pineapple, drained (reserve juice)
- large can sweet pitted cherries (bing cherries), drained (reserve juice)
- 1 c
- boiling water
- 1 c
- pineapple-cherry juice
- 1/2 Tbsp
- knox gelatin, dissolved in 1/4 cold water
- 1 Tbsp
- small package cream cheese, softened
- 1 c
- pecans, toasted and finely chopped
1I drain the pineapple and cherries and put juice and fruits in refrigerator so they are nice and chilled when it comes time to add them to gelatin.
2In heat-resistent bowl, dissolve black cherry gelatin in boiling water. Add Knox gelatin which has been softened in 1/4 cup cold water. Stir to dissolve.
3Add chilled pineapple-cherry juice and chilled pineapple and cherries. Stir to combine. Place in (I use an oblong) dish. Slightly thicken in refrigerator.
4Mix mayonnaise, softened cream cheese and nuts until fully incorporated. Shape into balls and place into gelatin. Refrigerate until firm.