VALENTINE-SWEETHEART SALAD BY LADY ROSE
Rose Mary Mogan
Now years later, I still make it to say I LOVE YOU. I don't just wait for a holiday or special occassion, I make it quite often & with these step by step instructions you can too. It is quite an impressive presentation.
This is a great way to cut back & have a healthy light lunch, or make it smaller as a SIDE SALAD WITH DINNER.
It makes an impression & you can add or delete the ingredients that you do not care for. I love salad, & with a presentation like this, I am sure you are bound to win over those that don't
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1-2 pkg
- salad greens of your choice,iceburg,romaine, spinach
- 1 large
- carrot, shredded
- 1 small
- red onion, cut into thin rings
- 4 large
- eggs boiled, (1 per person)
- 2 medium
- tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3-4 medium
- radishes sliced( plus 1 rosette for each salad)
- 1 large
- cucumber, sliced (12 slices per plate for lunch)
- 1 medium
- avacodo (optional) sprinkle with lemon juice,wedges or chopped
- 1/4 lb
- thin sliced genoa or hard salami
- 4-6 oz
- chicken breast roll (sliced thin)
- 6 slice
- cheese, white, yellow, cheddar or your choice of flavor
- 1 large
- red bell pepper (cut into strips or shaped as desired)
- 2-4 large
- square plates for a lunch(1 for each serving)
- chopped green onion tops, optional
Cut Tomatoes into wedges, cut avacadoes into wedges if you prefer rather than chopped.
Make 1 Radish Rosette for each serving plate.You may also use whole black pitted olives if desired.
ANOTHER OPTION: Would be to slice thin strips all the way down the length of the cucumber revealing the white flesh of the cucumber,then moving around length of cucumber leaving about a 1 to 1 1/2 inch patch of green on cucumber, then cut away another thin strip of peel away, alternately till the entire cucumber is complete. Then slice and arrange on serving plate or vegetable platter.
Please note you can arrange these items in any pattern you so desire, this is just to give you an idea of what you can do to make your salad more appealing.