Russ's Sausage Skillet
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 7 links of breakfast sausage
- 3 Tbs. canola oil
- 4 C. refrigerated shredded hash browns
- 1/4 C.chopped onion
- 1/4 C. chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 C. chopped orange bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/8 tsp. Salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 C. (4 oz.) Shredded 4-cheese Mexican-blend cheese
1In a large skillet, cook sausage per package directions.
2Cut links into 1 inch pieces and set aside.
3In the same skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add hash browns, onion, green and orange peppers, jalapenos, salt, and pepper.
4Cook for about 10 minutes until hash browns are lightly browned and tender, turning occasionally.
5Return sausage to skillet and sprinkle with cheese.
6Cover skillet for 2 minutes until cheese is melted.