Roasted Cod Fish, Tomatoes, Orange & Onions
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb. ripe but firm small round or plum tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 2 med. yellow onions, cut into 1/4 inch thick wedges
- 1 Tbs. finely slivered orange zest
- 1 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh thyme leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless cod, or other thick-cut, firm-fleshed fish, cut into 4 equal portions
1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2Combine tomatoes, onions, orange zest, oil and chopped thyme in a 3-quart glass or ceramic baking dish.
3Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; stir to combine.
4Roast, stirring occasionally, until the onions are golden and brown on the edges, about 45 minutes.
5Remove from the oven. Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees.
6Push the vegetables aside, add fish and season with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; spoon the vegetables over the fish.
7Return the baking dish to the oven and bake until the fish is opaque in the center, about 10 to 12 minutes.
8To serve, divide the fish and vegetables among 4 plates and garnish with thyme sprigs.