Homemade Laundry Powder
- 1 bar
- soap (i use fels-naptha as it is a solid laundry soap used for years by our grandmothers. another solid laundry soap is zote, however, you can use ivory soap, too)
- 1 c
- arm & hammer super washing soda (about $3.99 per box - for a 32 ounce box. i found some at wal-mart for $2.89)
- 1 c
- 20 mule team borax (76 ounce box also found at wal-mart - about $4.99 a box - this can also be used as a good cleaner for other things)
- items needed to make:
- measuring cup, wooden spoon, grater
- also, have an airtight container to store your detergent in.
NOTE: I was told yesterday that if you want your ingredients even finer than the grating, that after you grate it, to put it in the blender for a few pulses. It will disolve either way, it's just personal preference.