After searching all over the internet and in pattern books at the fabric stores, I could not find a tea cosy that I really liked. The few that I did like were waayyy too expensive.
I knew I could make one myself ... so I winged it and sort of designed it as I went along.
This is the final product.
This is basically a cylinder, with elastic casing at one end, and a ribbon closure at the other end. I did cut out a small opening for the spout and zig-zag stitched around the spout opening. I left the back seam open for about the top 6", so the handle could be exposed. The yellow ribbon runs thru a casing, and ties at the back, just above the handle.
Here is the first one I made...
This was a "punt" design ... just figured it out as I went along. I change it up just a wee bit, with each new one I make. But I'm very pleased w/ the result. And it matches my Polish Pottery teapot and mugs so nicely!
Here is the second one I made. I sent this one to my best friend, who lives in Germany. It is the reverse of the first one, so she and I have sort-of "matching" cosies. ha!
And here's the third one....
And here's the fourth one...
And here's the fifth one...
Here's #6! It's my second-favorite, so far. Love the chickens and sunflowers motifs.