IRENE was coming to SUPPER!
First the winds whipped up, the oaks,beech,beetlebung and maple trees around our house were swaying. The brook is behind the house, and it never bothered us, as we did not get much rain from this storm.
The ocean was wild, there were 25 foot seas, and the surge was powerful. We live about a mile and a quarter from the harbor.
Our harbor was nearly empty as boaters went to the mainland to seek shelter. The water rose about two feet above normal high tide, and the waves came crashing over the bulkhead and jetty on the North shore. The South shore had seas of 25 feet!
I had tunafish, peanut butter, lots of fruit, water, bread, chips and salsa, so now worry about what to eat.
I stocked up on bags of ice, and I had frozen buffalo chicken wings on ice, when the power went out.
- bottles of fresh water
- bags of ice for the igloo cooler
- 2 pkg
- double a batteries, for flashlights
- bags of tortilla strips for salsa
- days' worth of food
- vehicles with full fuel tanks
- water in the clothes washer or tub, for flushing the toilet!
- all prescriptions filled for about a week at least