Microwave Magic Tips to Know
"Microwave control pads aren't as confusing as the average TV remote, but they have a lot of buttons we don't know what they are for. If you don't know where the owner's manual is, here's a refresher course on some of the features."
We always seam to figure out how to work that TV control and the computer and Iphone ,etc.. but never quite get the microwave-so you just heat up left-overs- I hope this changes your mind about "cooking with the microwave".
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- in most cases you do not really need 10 power levels. but it is worth knowing that power setting 10 cooks at 100% power, and settings 1 through 9 logically cook at 10% to 90% power. at lower power settings, the microwave pulses its energy source-the
- standard defrost, or time defrost, lets you choose how long to defrost a food. the setting usually default to about 30% power(which aids even thawing and keeps the exterior from cooking). the auto defrost option is recommended for frozen meats
- and fish. it allows you to specify how many pounds of a certain food you're defrosting and then automatically adjusts the power and time. the defrost setting is designed just to defrost,not to heat foods up or cook them.
- build-in sensors measure humidity emitted from food as a signal of doneness. how fast foods get to the steam point depends on their weight and water content. most microwaves allow you to choose foods by type, like vegetables, potatoes(a vegetable,
- of course, but starchy), and chicken or fish. depending on the model of microwave, the display readout may ask you to enter an estimate of how much your food weighs.
- the reheat button is an automatic setting that uses the microwave's sensors to determine when the food starts steaming. it also helps prevent overcooking, which can dry out food and lead to overdone edges.
1Enjoy this easy kitchen appliance. It's your friend that does the time consuming kitchen work for you.