English / American Ingredient Conversions
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- plain flour = all purpose flour
- caster sugar = superfine sugar
- icing sugar = confectioners’ sugar
- golden syrup = corn syrup
- treacle = dark molasses
- vegetable lard = shortening (crisco)
- bicarbonate of soda = baking soda
- cornflour = corn starch
- 4oz butter = 1 stick of butter
- 1 tsp allspice = 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg & 1/4 tsp ground clove
- croissants = crescent rolls
- double cream = pasteurised heavy cream not ultra-pasteurised heavy cream
- digestive biscuits = graham crackers
- mixed spice = DIY English Mixed Spice
8 Cups Flour
1 1/4 Cups Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
1/4 Cup Baking Powder
1 Tbsp Salt
2 Cups vegetable lard or butter (I use butter)
Combine flour, milk, baking powder, and salt in a very large bowl.
Cut in lard/butter until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
Makes about 10 cups. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1-2 months.