Turkey Pot Pie !!!
Our family loves home made pot pies! We have them several times a year.
We make them with pork, beef, chicken and turkey. (The directions are the same for each type of meat pies, but you can add or change the veggies to your tastes).
We make little individual ones or big family size ones...
The children love to help make their own little pot pies.
You can make the pies simple, rustic (as pictured) or fancy depending on your likes and time.
This is easy and fun to make... Play with your food!
- 4 c
- turkey gravy (very thick)
- 4 c
- left over turkey (shredded or chopped)
- 4 c
- fresh or canned or frozen peas and carrots
- 4 stick
- celery (chopped, and cooked)
- 2 - 4 c
- cooked (chopped) potatoes and onions (optional)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- few shakes of garlic powder (optional)
- sets double crust for pies (store bought or homemade)
Place top crust onto the filled pie crusts, and seal together well by pinching the crust gently. (You can do any type of edging you like. (Sometimes I crimp the edges by gentle pinches, sometimes by pressing edges with tines of a fork or handle of a knife).
Most of the time I make a solid top crust with vents cut to release steam, sometimes I make a lattice top. (depending on time).
*** OPTIONAL: Beat an egg well with 1 TBS of water. Brush this ontop of the pie crusts just prior to putting in oven.
Fun way to use up left overs....