"Turkey Mexicali Tortilla Soup"
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 6 C
- turkey or chicken broth
- 4-5 C
- leftover turkey cut in small chunks/ sub chick.
- 2 C
- leftover or frozen corn
- 1 lg
- chopped onion
- 1 pkg
- taco seasoning mix (hot or mild)
- 1 can(s)
- 16 oz rotel or diced tomatoes
- 1 TBS
- chicken bouillon granules
- 1 can(s)
- (sm 4 oz.) green chilies diced
- 1/2 C
- cilantro, or more chopped ( to your tastes)
- monterey jack cheese or mexican cheese shredded
- tortillas chips
- optional: sour cream, jalapenos, pinto beans, green onions
1in Large pot. Saute, onion til tender. in a dab of oil.
Stir in taco seasoning, Chilies, cook just till mixed.
2Add; Tomatoes, Broth, & Bouillion; Bring this to a BOIL.
ADD; Corn, & turkey or Chicken,
Reduce Heat, to Low, & Simmer,30 min.
3Stir in Cilantro.
Let soup rest for about 20-30 min, so flavors enhance & combine well.
Place scoop of soup in bowl, add lots of Cheese, and tortillas chips, and top with more cheese.
Optional: Sour cream, or green onions on top.
Optional: 1/2 can of Pinto beans
Optional: for "extra hot", add 1 diced small Jalapeno with seeds.
Recipe can easily be doubled.
This will definately warm the belly. Enjoy.