Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb
- ground turkey (or ground beef, if you prefer), browned
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 - 2 c
- your favorite salsa (i use homemade salsa)
- wonton wrappers (about 2 dozen)
- 1 can(s)
- black beans, drained and rinsed
- your favorite toppings: sour cream, green onions, sliced black olives, sliced green olives, extra salsa, guacamole, whatever you choose
- 2 c
- shredded cheese (i used colby jack)
- 1/2 - 1 pkg
- taco seasoning or use your own homemade taco mixture (i like to make my own or just use 1/2 bought package as they are sometimes too strong)
1Preheat oven to 375°. Spray desired size muffin pan lightly with cooking spray. (You can make up to about 2 dozen medium size muffins cups with the 1 pound of meat).
2Add ground meat and onions to sautè pan and cook ground meat until no longer pink and onions are tender. Add salsa to meat and onions, stir to mix well. Add taco seasoning packet or your homemade seasonings. Add black beans and heat mixture thorougly.
3Place 1 won ton wrapper in a muffin cup, pushing won ton down into the muffin cup, then add another won ton wrapper turning this one a bit (by turning the 2nd one a bit makes a pretty presentation) and then push this one into the muffin cup as well, add enough cheese to cover bottom of wrapper, about a tablespoon or so, placing some cheese on bottom makes a big difference in your finished product. Add desired amount of meat mixture on top of cheese. Top with more cheese. Continue filling muffin cups in this manner. Cook about 10 - 15 minutes until won tons are browned and cheese is melted. Remove from muffin cups to serving plate and top with desired toppings.