Cheesy Turkey Burger Quesadillas
Diane Hopson Smith
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 1 lb
- ground turkey (can use ground beef, chicken or pork)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1/4 c
- ketchup (sugar free for less calories)
- 1 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- bouillon cubes, crushed
- 4 large
- flour tortilla shells, soft (choose low fat for heathier choice)
- additional vegetable oil for brushing
- jalapeno pepper rings (pickled) optional
- 2 c
- cheese, shredded (i used sharp cheddar and colby cheese) choose low fat cheeses for healthier choice
1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat; add onions and Sauté until tender.
3Add ground turkey, cook until completely cooked; add salt and pepper to taste, red pepper flakes (if desired), garlic powder, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and crushed bouillon . Stir all ingredients together and simmer for about 10 minutes.
4Remove from heat and drain any oil and blot any excess oil with paper towels.
5Lightly brush one side of each of the 4 tortilla shells and lay 2 shells oiled side down on baking sheet. Top each with 1/2 of the meat mixture; spread evenly over tortilla shell. Add jalapeno slices (if desired) and cheese. Top each with the other 2 shells oil side up.
6Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes until shells are lightly browned and crisp and cheese is melted.
7Remove from oven; cool for about 5 minutes. Using knife or pizza cutter, cut into 4 triangles and serve.