BEEF SOFT TACO BURRITO FAJITAS
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3 lb
- ground beef
- 1 large
- sweet onion
- 3 pkg
- taco seasoning mix (i use 2 old el paso original & 1 taco bell)
- 1 3/4 c
- 1 pkg
- flour tortillas, your choice of size
- 1 lb
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese (more or less)
- scallion greens, thinly sliced
- 1 jar(s)
- chunky tomato salsa (i prefer medium heat)
- lettuce, chopped or shredded
- sour cream
- optional toppings: sliced pickled jalapeno, chopped fresh tomato, sliced or chopped avocado, fresh minced cilantro, refried beans, sliced black olives
2Gather and prep all ingredients (shred cheese, chop onions, wash and chop lettuce etc...)
3Add ground beef to a large skillet; cook over medium/medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes; add chopped onions and continue cooking until no pink remains.
4Cover skillet with lid or foil, reduce heat to low and cook for additional 3 to 4 minutes (to ensure that the meat is thoroughly cooked.)
5Remove foil; return heat to medium-high and allow to cook several minutes to reduce the juice in the pan.
8Reduce heat to very low and cover while preparing the tortilla.
9Place tortilla in medium size skillet over medium/medium low heat; evenly distribute cheese and a bit of scallions over tortilla.