AVOCADO TUNA SALAD
The recipe and picture are from the web site - The Healthy Maven.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 cans of flaked light tuna
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 red apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped, toasted walnuts
- 1 t pickle juice (or water-if using increase salt slightly)
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
1In a large bowl, mash up avocado with the back of a fork or potato masher.
Add in tuna, celery, red onion, apple and walnuts. Mix well.
2Add in pickle juice, dried dill, dijon, cumin and salt and pepper. Mix well.
Serve on bread, top on salad or eat plain.
3Will keep up to 1 week in refrigerator.
This can be a great salad, appetizer.