ZURICH CORDON BLEU
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 (4-oz.) boneless pork cutlets, pounded as thin as possible (at least ⅛")
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 oz. deli ham, thinly sliced
- 2 oz. emmentaler cheese, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- lemon wedges, for serving
1To prepare the cutlets, place them in plastic wrap and pound gently with a meat mallet. Season cutlets with salt and pepper. Place ham and cheese on one cutlet, leaving a ½" border along edge; place other cutlet on top; set aside.
2Place flour, egg, and bread crumbs in three separate shallow bowls. Dredge stuffed cutlet in flour, and coat in egg, then bread crumbs.
3Heat oil and butter in a 12" skillet over medium heat. Fry, flipping once, until golden brown and crisp, about 16 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.