Working Girls Bavarian Pork Roast
You can put everything in a disposable slow cooker liner the night before, and on the way out the door in the AM, put your filled liner in your slow cooker, turn on low, and when you come home supper is done.
I also used to peel and dice potatoes, cover with water, and refridgerate the night before. When I came home all I had to do is put the potatoes on and supper was well under way
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3 lb
- pork roast, a smaller one is ok too
- 1 medium
- granny smith apple, cored and cut into 6 wedges
- 1 medium
- onion, peeled and cut into 6 wedges
- 2 lb
- bag bavarian style saurekraut (in refridgerated section, has caraway seeds in it)
- 3 Tbsp
- brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 c
- white wine like chardonnay)
- 8 large
- juniper berries ( i get mine online)
- 2 medium
- bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp
- each salt and pepper, or to taste
- 2 Tbsp
- bacon fat
1Put a disposable slow cooker liner in a large bowl.
2Put in the bag of sauerkraut, and push the apple and onion wedges down into the sauerkraut.
3Sprinkle with wine, juniper berries, brown sugar, salt, pepper, and push bay leaf into sauerkraut.
4Place roast on top, spread with bacon fat.
5You can cook now,or do what I did, the next Am place your filled liner in slow cooker, turn on low and cook for 6 to 8 hours.