Won Ton Soup
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/2 lb
- ground pork
- 1/4 c
- finely chopped shiitake mushrooms
- 1/4 c
- finely chopped water chestnuts
- green onions, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- (kraft) asian sesame with ginger dressing
- egg, separated
- square won ton wrappers
- 8 c
- fat free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 c
- thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 c
- thinly sliced water chestnuts
- green onions, sliced
1Mix meat, chopped mushrooms, chopped water chestnuts, chopped onions, dressing and egg yolk until well blended. Spoon evenly onto won ton wrappers, adding about 1 tsp. of the meat mixture to each wrapper.
2Beat egg white lightly. Brush onto edges of each wrapper; fold in half to form triangle. Press edges together to seal. Bring opposite corners of long edge of each triangle together, overlapping corners; brush with egg white to seal.
3Combine chicken broth, mushrooms, water chestnuts and onions in large saucepan. Bring just to boil on medium heat. Carefully add won tons; simmer 4 min. or until filling is cooked through, stirring occasionally. Serve immediately.
4Tip: Dont overfill the wontons or they will burst in the soup.