~ Tender, Creamy Pork Campanelle Stroganoff ~ Cass
Another delicious recipe that was ready in no time. Your family will think you spent hours in the kitchen preparing. Thanks to the use of pork tenderloin, the meat just melts in your mouth. I hope you try it sometime! :)
This dish is impressive and tasty enough to serve to any guests. Leftovers were delicious!
- 2 Tbsp
- butter - divided
- 1 1/4 lb
- pork tenderloin - sliced about 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick - remove any fat and silver skin
- & pepper
- 1 lb
- campanelle pasta, cooked according to box directions - don't over cook and don't rinse. save 1 cup pasta water
- 8 oz
- portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 3 medium
- - large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium
- - large onion, chopped
- 1 c
- flavorful beef broth- add some buillion to make sure its flavorful and rich - i actually made my own with 1 cup warm water and added about 1 1/2 tablespoon beef bouillon
- 1 c
- dry white wine
- 4 Tbsp
- each, butter & flour
- & pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp
- parsley paste or fresh chopped parsley
- 1/ 2 c
- sour cream
In a deep large skillet ( chicken fryer pan ) melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Once bubbly add the pork in a single layer - salt and pepper. Cook until juices run clear, about 10 minutes or until pork starts to brown and all juice evaporates. Remove pork to a bowl.
Cook and stir until onions are tender and mushrooms have lost most of their moisture.
Remove from pan to a bowl.