SUPER SAUSAGE SCALLOPINI
- 2 lb
- link italian sausage, mild or hot or a combination of both
- each red, yellow and green bell peppers sliced
- 2 large
- red onions sliced
- 2 pt
- mushrooms sliced-button or crimini
- 2 large
- cans of dom peppino tomato sauce
- good olive oil
- garlic powder
- fresh basil
- 1/4 c
- sugar-to cut the acid in the tomatoes
- italian seasoning
- fresh rolls or crusty bread
- provolone & mozzarella cheese-sliced thin
- drained jarred banana or hot peppers to taste- if desired -add in at pepper stage or top sandwiches
Slice sausage into small discs and brown very well in pan.
Remove from pan.
***Jarred banana peppers are a great addition if you like a little heat and tang-add them at this stage****
Add sausage back to pot.
Tear in fresh basil and add about a TBSP of each dry seasoning-adjust according to taste. Use more or less sugar according to taste.
Let simmer for at least two hours-taste halfway through cooking to adjust seasonings if needed.
Add Salt and pepper at the very end.
Enjoy on fresh rolls with lots of cheese!