Sicilian Bean Bake in Slow Cooker
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 pkg. great northern beans (1 lb.)
- 6 cups water
- 1 lb. hot or sweet italian sausages, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup))
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can italian tomatoes (1 lb.
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 t. minced italian herbs, crumbled
- 2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. freshly ground pepper
boil. Cover. Cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Let stand 1 hour.
an electric slow cooker (or cover beans with water in Crockpot and soak
overnight at room temperature).
side. Sauté onion and garlic in same pan until soft. Stir in Italian
tomatoes, bay leaf, mixed Italian herbs, salt and pepper. Bring to boiling.
Stir into beans. Cover cooker. Cook on low 10 hours or on hi 5 hrs. or until
beans are tender. Serve with salad if desired. Serves 6
My Old Recipes