Scotchy's New Egland Boiled Dinner
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- ham shank
- onions, yellow, medium, cut in forths
- 1 large
- cabbage head cut into melon sections or large chunks
- bag carrots, cut into baby carrot sized chunks
- potatoes, medium cut into forths or sixths
- sweet potatoes, cut in 3 inch chunks and left as wide as they are
- 4-8 clove
- garlic, minced
- chicken bouillon cubes
- 3-5 Tbsp
- italian seasoning
- rutabaga cut into 3 inch chunks
- bayleaves ( take out after cooking)
- optional adds: brussel sprouts, califlower, winter squash
1in a big turkey roasting pan add all the ingredients and put enough water in to cover all but the top of the ham. Cover and put in oven at 325 for about 4-5 hours. take out and serve.
2I prefer it with liquid like served in a bowlplate. Eric prefers it without the liquid added.
3Stay tuned for the sequel to this dish made from leftovers to create the best split pea soup ever and save all the leftovers including the broth for the split pea soup.