Lowcountry Smothered Pork Chops
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- pork chops, center cut..1 inch thick
- salt and pepper to taste
- ground cayenne pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- all purpose flour, spread on a plate
- med. green bell peppers, cut into strips
- yellow onions, cut into strips
- minced garlic to taste
- 2 c
- chicken broth
- 2 to 3 dashes of worcestershire sauce
1Trim excess fat from chops and season well with salt, pepper and cayenne. Melt the butter in a skillet over med. heat. Lightly roll the chops in flour, shake off the excess, and slip them into the pan. Brown well, about 3 minutes per side, and remove them to a plate.
2Add the bell peppers and onions to the skillet and saute until softened, about 3 mins. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant. Push the vegetables to the side of skillet and add chops to pan and place vegetables on top of chops. Pour in the broth and sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce. Cover pan and allow to simmer for 45 mins or until chops are tender.