Italian Sausage Stromboli Appetizers
(Photo for now is from Johnsonville, but will post my own soon.)
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 (16 oz.)
- pkg. johnsonville italian mild ground sausage
- 1 (1 bl.)
- loaf frozen bread dough, thawed, see note at bottom
- 4 oz.
- cream cheese, softened
- garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (7 oz.)
- jar roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
- 1/3 cup
- (pitted) sliced kalamata olives or ripe olives
- 2 cups
- (8 oz.) shredded swiss cheese
- 1 tsp.
- poppy seeds
Note: I've found that the best way to thaw frozen bread dough loaves, is to wrap them frozen with plastic wrap and refridgerate overnight. The next morning they are perfectly thawed but not risen.