Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork in the Slow Cooker
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 1/2-3 lb pork butt
- (2 cans) dr. pepper
- 1 medium onion, cut in quarters and then again in half
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- barbecue sauce of choice
Very carefully, because the pork will be hot, remove the meat from the slow cooker and place on a large cutting board. Using two forks, shred the pork by pulling away from each other. The meat should be very tender by this point. Place the shredded pork back into the slow cooker and continue to cook for an additional hour.
Drain the remaining juices and toss the meat and onion mixture in the barbecue sauce of choice. I don't have an exact amount listed-just add a bit at a time until you get to your desired sauciness!