This recipe is out of my Quick Cooking Taste of Home magazine. May/June 1998
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 can(s)
- (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted - i sometimes use cream of mushroom
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- 1 lb
- smoked kielbasa, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 c
- uncooked long grain rice
- 1 pkg
- (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 jar(s)
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 c
- (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small
- onion, chopped ( optional )
1In a large skillet, combine the soup, water and butter; bring to a boil. Add kielbasa and rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 18 minutes or until rice is almost tender.
( I saute my kielbasi and onions first to add to flavor).
2Stir in peas and mushrooms. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender and peas are heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until melted.