~ Cheesy Bacon Lovers Lasagna ~ The Bomb!
I had stocked up on several packages of bacon when on sale and wanted to use some of it up. I had no bake lasagna noodles that kept falling out of the cupboard at me, and the kids asked for lasagna. I had no ricotta which I usually always add, but had plenty of cheddar and mozzarella. So, this is what I created.
I will definitely be making it again. Bigger!
It may never win a prize on this site, but I won big with my family. That's what counts with me. I do hope you try it sometime! It's the bomb!
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 lb
- lean ground beef
- & pepper to taste
- 1 large
- onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- chunky garlic paste or minced garlic
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- italian herb paste or can use dried italian seasoning
- 24 oz
- delgrosso pepperoni flavored pasta sauce or your favorite. i was going to make homemade, but decided not this time
- 26 - 28 oz
- thick sliced bacon - baked on foil in the oven until not quite crisp as it will crisp up more as it cools - reserve 13 nice strips and crumble the rest for the sauce
- 14. 5 oz
- can - red pack - diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 1/2 c
- each - whole milk fresh shredded mozzarella cheese & fresh shredded sharp cheddar cheese ( reserve 1/2 cup of each for topping )
- no cook lasagna noodles
Reserve 12 - 13 slices of bacon and crumble the rest into ground beef mixture.
Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish or grease.
Spread 1 cup sauce on bottom of dish. Lay 3 noodles over sauce, opposite of the length of the dish, they should fit perfectly.
Spread another cup of sauce, remainder of cheese, 3 more slices of bacon.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 - 35 minutes.