BONNIE'S HAMBONE DINNER
The photos are my own, and Bonnie's Hambone Dinner and Hambone Bean Soup are both humble recipes that I have created. Enjoy!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- spiral hambone, preferably the end of the ham, trim excess fat from the meat and leave whole.
- water to cover the bone, about a gallon
- small, whole red potatoes of uniform size, scrubbed
- onions peeled and quartered
- whole carrots of uniform size, peeled with potato peeler
- 16 ounce package frozen petite green beans
- heaping tablespoons mccormick garlic & onion medley
- heaping tablespoons chicken granules
- teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Use a leftover spiral hambone with meat. Trim any excess fat and discard it. Place the hambone in a extra large pot and cover with about a gallon of water.
2ADDING THE INGREDIENTS:
3Add the onions, garlic, chicken granules, McCormick seasoning, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and slow simmer for about an hour.
4Add the carrots, simmer for 1/2 hour, then add the potatoes. When the potatoes are just tender, add the green beans and simmer until tender. Avoid adding more seasoning until end of cooking time because flavors blend as it simmers.
Using a slotted spoon, ladle potatoes, carrots, onions and green beans and the ham on a dinner plate or in a large bowl. Enjoy!
Reserve the broth to be used for Hambone Bean Soup.