BONNIE'S HAMBONE DINNER
The photos are my own, and Bonnie's Hambone Dinner and Hambone Bean Soup are both humble recipes that I have created. Enjoy!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- spiral hambone, preferably the end of the ham, trim excess fat from the meat and leave whole.
- water to cover the bone, about a gallon
- small, whole red potatoes of uniform size, scrubbed
- onions peeled and quartered
- whole carrots of uniform size, peeled with potato peeler
- 16 ounce package frozen petite green beans
- heaping tablespoons mccormick garlic & onion medley
- heaping tablespoons chicken granules
- teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Use a leftover spiral hambone with meat. Trim any excess fat and discard it. Place the hambone in a extra large pot and cover with about a gallon of water.
Using a slotted spoon, ladle potatoes, carrots, onions and green beans and the ham on a dinner plate or in a large bowl. Enjoy!
Reserve the broth to be used for Hambone Bean Soup.